Director, Cinematographer, Writer, and Editor
I was born and raised in Portugal, and since a little kid, I always loved being behind the camera.
At age 14, I directed my first short film for a school project and quickly found my passion. I kept dreaming bigger and bigger, so when I was 17, I decided to move to Los Angeles to study cinema and keep following my dreams.
Even though being a Director is my biggest passion, since I have started gaining experience on set, I have found a love for Cinematography, which started my experience as a Director of Photography. Being on set brings me joy, and I'm always trying to find new ways to improve my skills and keep making and helping on movies
Besides Production, I also had the chance to spend time in the Post Production phase and learn a lot about Editing. I look at Editing as a big puzzle waiting for the pieces to be put together, and it amazes me each day how much editing can change a story.
I'm extremely driven and passionate about telling stories, and I love working in teams of equally passionate individuals. I'm always eager to learn new things and advance in cinema in all the different aspects and roles involved in a production.
I would love to collaborate with you!
Go on my Contact tab and let's work together!
Bachelor Degree of Fine Arts | California Institute of the Arts, CA
Cinematography Workshop | California Institute of the Arts, CA
Production Technician Training | California Institute of the Arts, CA
Digital Filmmaking Summer Program | New York Film Academy, NY
Honors and Awards
- Certificate of Recognition, City of Los Angeles and the Fourth Council District (2017)
- Lillian Disney Scholarship, California Institute of the Arts (2017 − present)
- Sundance Institute’s Latino fellowship (2017)
- Medal of Merit, the Torres Vedras Mayorship (2016)
- Diplomas of Merit, the Henriques Nogueira High School’s principal (2016/2017)
- Hazel (6min, USA 2019): 57 awards, 13 nominations and officially selected for 49 international film festivals in 10 countries
- Slumberous (6min, USA 2018): 10 awards, 2 nominations and officially selected for 17 international film festivals in 6 countries
- Alone (1min, USA 2018): 4 awards, 2 nominations and officially selected for 12 international film festivals in 6 countries
- Creation (3min, USA 2017): 8 awards, 4 nominations and officially selected for 23 international film festivals in 10 countries
- Neverland (script, 2016): 3 awards, 2 nominations and officially selected for 10 international film festivals in 6 countries)
- Mirror (3min, USA 2016): 84 awards, 32 nominations and officially selected for 201 film festivals in 33 countries
- 4242 (11min, Portugal 2016): 58 awards, 36 nominations and officially selected for 185 film festivals in 40 countries